If you switch your smartphone from Android to iOS or vice-versa, you will need to transfer your data from your old device to a new one. Though data moving from your old smartphone to your new one is easy, it does not need much time. However, transferring all your WhatsApp data, such as media, chat backups and history, could be challenging.
In this article, we will let you know how you can transfer your WhatsApp account data, including profile photo, one-on-one and group chats, message histories, media, as well as settings in case you move from an Android to an Android smartphone or iPhone.
However, it will become a bit confusing if you transfer data from Android to iOS and vice versa. Particularly when you intend to shift all your WhatsApp data, such as chat history. You will need to follow this step-by-step guide in order to move your WhatsApp data from your old phone to your new phone; regardless you are transferring it from Android to iOS or Android to Android.
Check here the details about Eehhaaa registration and making money through it.
Here’s how to transfer old WhatsApp chats from iOS to Android
- First, you will need to connect an Android device to an iPhone via a Type-C to Lightning cable.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device. A QR code is going to display on the screen.
- Then click Settings > Chats > Move Chats to Android to scan the QR code on your iPhone.
- It is important to note that during this transfer process, you will need to keep your phone unlocked. Then tap on Start Transfer following the application completes the backup.
- Your chats, pictures, and other data are going to transfer to your new Android phone. Moreover, you should not use both devices while the transfer process.
Create Picuki account here are start viewing Instagram’s private accounts.
Here’s how you can transfer old WhatsApp chats from Android to Android
- You must take back up all the WhatsApp data in your old phone to your Google Drive ahead of starting the transfer process.
- In order to take a backup, you will need to open WhatsApp > More options > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- Then you will need to select the Google Account that you intend your chats backed up to.
- Make sure your new Android smartphone is connected to the Google Account where your backup is retained.
- Next, you will have to install and open WhatsApp on your new device. Sign in to the application on your device.
- In order to restore your chats and media from Google Drive, tap RESTORE when prompted.
- Afterwards, the restoration process is executed, you will have to tap NEXT. Your chats are going to be shown after initialization is done.
- WhatsApp is going to continue to restore your media files following your chats are restored.
Also read here full guide to y2mate mp3 download tool.
Here’s how you can transfer old WhatsApp chats from Android to iOS
- First of all, install the “Move to iOS” application from the Play Store on your Android phone.
- Following the download, release the “Move to iOS” application. Next, you will need to follow the on-screen directions.
- When needed, enter the code shown on the iPhone on the Android phone.
- Then, choose ‘WhatsApp’ on the Transfer Data Screen and tap on the Start button. WhatsApp is going to get the data ready for export. When the process is completed you will need to sign out.
- Come back to the ‘Move to iOS’ app and tap on ‘Continue’ in order to transfer data to the iPhone.
- After the data transfer is done, install the most recent WhatsApp updates on your iPhone.
- Tap Start, after login with the same mobile phone number.
- Following the process is done, WhatsApp chats are going to be visible on your new iPhone.